Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Renewed

Let me tell you a story...
Circa 18 years ago I met a kid (we were both 16) who became my first love. We had significant hurdles to overcome (for a more complete picture see the post A pretty big bullet...point) and we didn't make it together. We were together a whopping 6 months before we, quite naturally (if you read the above post), unraveled.
I spent about 14 years with a baseless, albeit rational, fear of him not to mention a strong dislike until one day I decided I was done. I came to a life altering realization; he did nothing wrong. Not truly. And, as I've said in the above mentioned previous post, it had been oh so very long ago.
Time to move on.
So I did. I even went so far as to contact him to let him know that I had moved on and was open to a renewed friendship should he see himself willing and able.
A number of months went by and he finally contacted me back with a willingness to cultivate a new friendship, of which we began immediately.
Fast forward approximately 4 years, lots of life hurdles that we've worked through together, and near constant daily contact later, we find ourselves in a new situation.
We have fallen back in love with each other.  : )
Yay!
We presently only have one obstacle and that is distance. He is currently 1300 miles away. While he's been here for 1 visit and will be coming back out in less than 2 months, he won't be moving out here until the beginning of the year.
This has certainly been a boost in my life although I still struggle significantly with my depression and anxiety.
He and I are very well matched and understand each other in a way that neither of us has ever found in the past. We're very excited about the future and the possibilities that lie before us. We understand that no road is perfectly smooth but we look forward to tackling anything that comes our way together with teamwork, communication and understanding.
So there you have it. My big announcement. The newest update.
: )

Thoughts? Questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be my guest to leave your two cents, you've been privy to more than two of mine!